Thursday, September 9, 2010

Analysis of Project in the Real World

I learned a lot of things by doing this ad campaign project. I learned the essentials of advertising a product and I was able to somewhat experience what ad agencies have to go through to be able to launch a successful ad campaign. "Within agencies, different theories arose about what constituted effective advertising" (Advertising by Design, Robin Landa pg. 4)

I learned some of the steps to launch an ad campaign from creating a slogan for the product, to analyzing the competetive brand, to promotion, and more. Creativity is also a big part of advertising. "Learning to think creatively is learning a way of thinking" (Advertising by Design, Robin Landa, pg 174) Before I did this final project, or even before I took this class, I didn't really pay attention to ads. Now, I look at advertisements in a different perspective. I notice how creative ads are when I watch ads on TV or look through a magazine. Recently, I find myself critiquing ads that I see because I've learned what elements an effective ad has. I know that effective ads establish an emotional connection with their viewers. "Just make them feel somehing. If you can emotionally move someone, then you just may have made an emotional connection with your client's brand or cause." (Advertising by Design, Robin Landa pg. 106)

No comments:

Post a Comment